Bush Speech Terror Claim Debunked A Year Ago

January 24, 2007

Bush Speech Terror Claim Debunked A Year Ago
Just one of many State of the Union lies, following in the tradition of the 2003 yellowcake fraud, Bush commits an impeachable offense by knowingly lying to the American people

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A claim made by President Bush in his State of the Union speech last night, that an attack on an L.A. skyscraper had been averted, was universally debunked as a hoax by Mayors, CIA, FBI and NSA personnel and counter-terror experts nearly a year ago when it first surfaced. By regurgitating this fraud, Bush has committed an impeachable offense by knowingly lying to the American people.

Bush’s address was punctuated with deception, horse hockey and propagandistic drivel throughout, again reinforcing a characteristic that was born in 2003 when Bush told the nation that Iraq had sought to buy uranium from Niger, a claim the CIA had informed the administration was based on falsified documents ten months before it was included in the speech.

Amidst the cacophony of bullshit came this belter.

“We stopped an al Qaeda plot to fly a hijacked airplane into the tallest building on the West Coast.”

According to numerous public officials, terror experts and intelligence personnel, this is simply not true.

Bush’s is referring to an announcement made on February 9th last year in which he made the claim that an Al-Qaeda plan to fly a plane into the LA Library Tower was thwarted in 2002. The release of the news that the plot had been prevented by means of tapping terrorist suspect’s phones was politically timed to coincide with the start of legal hearings on the Bush administration’s domestic eavesdropping program.

Fox “News,” the White House’s PR mouthpiece, immediately began showing footage from the movie Independence Day, in which the famous tower is destroyed.

Hours after the announcement, the mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa, went public with comments of his absolute bewilderment concerning the alleged plot.

“I’m amazed that the president would make this (announcement) on national TV and not inform us of these details through the appropriate channels,” the mayor said in an interview with The Associated Press. “I don’t expect a call from the president — but somebody.”

The day after the announcement, twenty three separate intelligence experts, all with either CIA, FBI, NSA or military credentials, both in and out of service, angrily disputed Bush’s remarks about the alleged L.A. plot, with one going as far as saying that the President was “full of shit.”

Another described the claims as “worthless intel that was discarded long ago.”

A New York Times story cited “several counter-terrorism officials” as saying that “the plot never progressed past the planning stages…. ‘To take that and make it into a disrupted plot is just ludicrous,’ said one senior FBI official.”

The New York Daily News cited another senior counterterrorism official who said: “There was no definitive plot. It never materialized or got past the thought stage.”

The Washington Post also dismissed the alleged plot as nothing more than talk, noting that no actual attack plan had been thwarted.

The LA attack plot arose from the same discredited informant who said that Washington and New York financial institutions were being targeted, which led the White House to raise the terror alert right as the 2004 election campaign was beginning.

“The President has cheapened the entire intelligence community by dragging us into his fantasy world,” said a veteran field operative of the Central Intelligence Agency. “He is basing this absurd claim on the same discredited informant who told us Al Qaeda would attack selected financial institutions in New York and Washington.”

In June 2004 John Pistole, the FBI’s counterterrorism director, said he was “not sure what [the CIA] was referring to,” after a CIA counterterrorism official who testified under the alias “Ted Davis” said that the US had prevented aviation attacks against the east and west coast.

Questions were raised at the White House press briefing as to the noticeably convenient announcement of a four year old alleged foiled plot in relation to the furore about domestic spying.

“But is it just a coincidence? You had February 6th circled on the calendar for the hearings, the NSA hearings. Is it just a pure coincidence that this comes out today?” asked one journalist.

“Scott, I wanted to just ask a follow-up about the LA plot. Is there something missing from this story, a practical application, a few facts? Because if you want to commandeer a plane and fly it into a tower, if you used shoe bombs, wouldn’t you blow off the cockpit? Or is there something missing from this story?” asked another.

There was indeed a great deal missing from this story in that it was nothing more than hot air manufactured by the Bush administration at the most politically expedient time, a psychological fraud unleashed on the public in order to silence critics of the illegal NSA surveillance spying program.

Bush has again committed the impeachable offense of knowingly lying to the American people in regurgitating the debunked plot in last night’s State of the Union address.


You’ve Got Mail!

January 8, 2007

First wiretapping, now letter-opening?

Can the feds read your mail without a warrant? You wouldn’t think so, but that’s not how the president sees it.

Los Angeles Times – January 8, 2007

The Bush administration seems determined to raise the specter of surveillance over every means of communication within the United States. Not content to monitor selected phone calls and e-mails in secret, it recently hinted that letters and packages may be opened without a search warrant too.

The disclosure came in yet another presidential “signing statement,” in which President Bush gives his opinion about the legislation on his desk. This one accompanied the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act — a bill to modernize how the Postal Service sets rates, promotes competition with private carriers and shores up funding for its employee retirement benefits.

In his statement, Bush seemed to assert a broader right to do warrantless mail searches than postal regulations allow. The executive branch, he said, would interpret the section on mail privacy “in a manner consistent, to the maximum extent permissible, with the need to conduct searches in exigent circumstances … and the need for physical searches specifically authorized by law for foreign intelligence collection.”

Befuddled, some privacy advocates started asking why the White House felt compelled to assert these surveillance powers when the issue wasn’t even on the table. Was Bush trying to provide cover for another secret monitoring program? Was he laying the groundwork for a new one? Was he prodding balky government agents into being more aggressive on mail searches?

Suspicions have undoubtedly been heightened because of the administration’s aggressive use of signing statements to defend executive-branch prerogatives, even when they’re not at issue. By late July, Bush had used them to challenge more than 800 provisions of bills he signed into law. All of his predecessors combined had challenged fewer than 600 provisions in that manner.

The White House tried to allay fears last week about mail snooping. “There is nothing new here,” said spokesman Tony Snow. The statement, he said, is “merely a statement of present law and present authorities granted to the president.”

On the surface, he’s right. The courts have allowed searches without a warrant under “exigent circumstances,” and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act permits them in emergencies when the targets are foreign agents or terrorists.

Still, it’s hard not to be suspicious of the president’s position on mail privacy, given the administration’s record on the issue of domestic surveillance. In the name of the “war on terror,” it has taken an unusually expansive view of government power and a correspondingly restrictive view of individual privacy rights. It also has sought to redefine what constitutes a “reasonable” search, and has often done so unilaterally and in secret.

The administration may indeed be up to nothing new when it comes to mail — and that’s not the least bit comforting.

It’s nice to think about how far we’ve gone in just the past couple years.  Back in 2005, they claimed they weren’t listening in on anyone’s call…then they admitted they were, but just people who were having conversations with people from “Al-Qaeda”.  Then it was revealed by the telecoms that Homeland Security have actually taken over entire floors within the companies in order to listen in on every phone call made in the USA.  Now it’s just everything and everybody. 

At least they have finally admitted it after being caught in every lie they have told.  That is the first step in stopping an eventual police state, exposing the current and past lies of a Government.


Iraqis Say They Were Better Off Under Hussein

January 4, 2007

(Angus Reid Global Monitor – January 3rd) – Many adults in Iraq believe the coalition effort has been negative, according to a poll by the Iraq Centre for Research and Strategic Studies and the Gulf Research Center. 90 per cent of respondents think the situation in their country was better before the U.S.-led invasion.

The coalition effort against Saddam Hussein’s regime was launched in March 2003. At least 3,000 American soldiers have died during the military operation, and more than 22,500 troops have been wounded in action.

There has been no official inquiry on the actual number of Iraqi casualties. A volunteer group of British and U.S. academics and researchers—known as Iraq Body Count (IBC)—estimates that more than 52,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed during the military intervention. (Here’s a CNN International report, however, that talks about how 650,000+ have been killed).

In December 2005, Iraqi voters renewed their National Assembly. In May 2006, Shiite United Iraqi Alliance member Nouri al-Maliki officially took over as prime minister.

The survey was conducted in November 2006, before the publication of the Iraq Study Group’s findings in the United States, and Hussein’s execution for crimes against humanity. Late last month, Al-Maliki called on the “followers of the ousted regime” to “reconsider their stance as the door is still open to anyone who has no innocent blood on his hands to help in rebuilding Iraq.”

Polling Data

Do you feel the situation in the country is better today or better before the U.S.-led invasion?

Better today

5%

Better before

90%

Not sure

5%

Source: Iraq Centre for Research and Strategic Studies / Gulf Research Center
Methodology: Face-to-face interviews with 2,000 Iraqi adults in Baghdad, Anbar and Najaf, conducted in late November 2006. Margin of error is 3.1 per cent.


40% See 2007 War With Iran As Second Carrier Deployed

January 4, 2007

40% See 2007 War With Iran As Second Carrier Deployed
Next phase of genocidal rampage in Middle East readied as deliberate destruction of Iraq continues

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, January 4, 2007

A new nationwide poll reveals that four in ten Americans predict the U.S. will go to war with Iran in 2007 as a second aircraft carrier is deployed to the Gulf, putting 5,000 more U.S. sailors in the region, bringing the total to 16,000 in a clear escalation towards a military air strike on the country.

A survey by Ipsos divulges that 40% of Americans think it “likely” that the U.S. will become involved militarily with Iran this year, 11% more than the mere 29% that see coalition troops leaving Iraq.

Concurrently, a second aircraft carrier and escort ships have been sent into the Gulf in a threatening geopolitical gesture aimed at Iran and Syria. The USS John C. Stennis strike group will deploy later this month following in the footsteps of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier group that entered the Gulf in December.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates called the move a reaffirmation that “We will be here for a long time and everybody needs to remember that.”

Televangelist Pat Robertson, an influential sage of the Neo-Con war machine and an icon of its radical ideological underpinnings, has predicted turmoil in 2007 after he claimed God had told him in a conversation that major U.S. cities would suffer mass terror attacks after September that would potentially kill millions of people.

Whether Robertson is simply recycling fearmongering propaganda or not, the fact remains that Dick Cheney’s USSTRATCOM contingency plan calls for attacking Iran in the immediate aftermath of a ‘second 9/11’ – no matter who is behind it – which of course is going to be the cabal Dick Cheney fronts for itself and the same pack of murderers that are actively seeking to initiate global ethic cleansing and genocide to bring about world war three.

Having tried and failed to do Israel’s bidding in completely taking over the Middle East by organized military campaigns, the Bush administration has enacted “Plan B,” a blueprint favored by the Zionist state’s most bloodthirsty adherents all along, which is simply to engender mass chaos and civil war across the entire region and let Sunni and Shia Muslims kill off each other.

Israeli strategy documents dating back decades outline the method of breaking up Iraq along sectarian borders by playing the different sects off against each other by means of staged bombings, targeted assassinations and jingoistic manipulation of the political process.

The “accidental” release of the cell phone Saddam hanging video was a deliberate ploy to further escalate sectarian strife and act as a catalyst for more carnage.

President Bush’s recent announcement of a “surge” of 20,000 to 30,000 more troops is not designed to win the war or create better security, it’s a simple means of keeping the chaos and resentment that has sunk the country into a civil war bubbling. The first step to ending the holocaust that has claimed 655,000 lives in the last three and a half years alone would be to withdraw all U.S. forces immediately – which is why it’s never going to happen as long as this criminal cabal remains in power.

The deliberate destruction of Iraq is continually masked by perceptions dutifully reinforced by the liberal and progressive media that the Bush administration’s incompetence alone is to blame for the catastrophe. There’s no doubt that the initial invasion and its immediate backfiring was a result of inflated imperial hubris and outright ineptitude. But events since Bush’s flight suit charade offer no other conclusion than the fact that what we are seeing is order out of chaos – there is so other possible reason for the disaster of policies that leave only 5% of Iraqis feeling they are better off today than they were under Saddam.

The house to house raids, the mass detentions, the Mosque bombings, the Saddam show trial and execution – all these measures are designed to enflame tempers and keep in place the strategy of tension.

The Neo-Con war whores have started a genocidal purge that will not be restricted by borders, rationality, “international law,” nor any other usual bulwark. Our only refuge is to try and educate the Arab world that they are being manipulated by the empire’s old and tried method of divide and conquer – and only through reconciliation and unity will they have a chance of providing a safe environment for their children and a region free of continued bloodshed.